Lin Zhu, Ph.D.
Professor of Radiochemistry, Beijing Normal University
Professor of Beijing Institute for Brain Disorder
• 1980-1984: B.S. Department of Chemistry, Beijing Normal University,
Beijing, P.R. China
• 1984-1990: Ph.D. Department of Radiochemistry, College of Chemistry, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, P.R. China
➢ 1987-1988: Visiting Scholar (Joint Ph.D. training program),
Radiopharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, Kyushu University, Japan.
• 2008-2010: Visiting scholar in Professor Hank F Kung’s laboratory, Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Professional Employment History:
• 2000-present: Professor in Radiochemistry and Radiopharmaceuticals, College of Chemistry, Beijing Normal University
➢ 2004-2008: Director of Key Lab. of Radiopharmaceuticals, Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry.
➢ 2001-present: Director of Radiopharmaceuticals Engineering Center, Beijing Normal University.
➢ 2005-2009: Associate Dean, College of Chemistry, Beijing Normal University.
2010-present: Associate Visiting faculty in Radiopharmaceutical Chemistry Laboratory, Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, USA
2014-present: Professor of Beijing Institute For Brain Disorder, Beijing, China
• 1990-2000: National Research Center For Certification Reference Materials
➢ 1997-2000: Deputy Director, National Research Center For Certification Reference Materials
➢ 1996-2000: Concurrent Director, Department of Science and Technology Development, National Research Center For Certification Reference Materials
➢ 1996-2000: Manager, Beijing Nine-Star Science and Technology Development Corporation
➢ 1993-1996: Deputy Manager, Beijing Nine-Star Science and Technology Development Corporation
• Molecular probes for PET and SPECT imaging of CNS binding sites;
• Tumor targeted radiopharmaceuticals for molecular imaging;
• F-18 Radiopharmaceutical chemistry for PET imaging.
Member of American Chemical Society (ACS); Member of The Society of Radiopharmaceutical Sciences (SRS); Member of Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI).
1) Lin Zhu, Karl Ploessl, and Hank F. Kung. "PET/SPECT imaging agents for neurodegenerative diseases." Chem. Soc. Rev., 2014, 43, 6683-6691.
2) Zhu L., Plössl K, Kung HF. Expanding the Scope of Fluorine Tags for PET Imaging. SCIENCE, 2013; 342; 429-430.
3) Zhu L, Qiao HW, Lieberman BP, Wu JX, Liu Y, Pan Z. Ploessl K, Choi SR, Chan P, Kung HF*. Imaging of VMAT2 binding sites in the brain by 18F-AV-133: The effect of a pseudo-carrier. Nucl. Med. Biol. 2012, 39: 897–904,.
4) Qu W, Zha Z, Ploessl K, Lieberman BP, Zhu L, Wise DR, Thompson CB, Kung HF. Synthesis of optically pure 4-fluoro-glutamines as potential metabolic imaging agents for tumors. J. Am. Chem. Soc.. 2011, 133: 1122-1133.
5) Liu Y, Zhu L, Plössl K, Choi SR, Qiao H, Sun X, Li S, Zha Z, Kung HF. Optimization of automated radiosynthesis of [18F]AV-45: a new PET imaging agent for Alzheimer's disease. Nucl. Med. Biol.. 2010, 37; 917-925.