Professor and founding Director of Institute for Biomedical Sciences of Pain, The Fourth Military Medical University (Xi’an) and Institute for Biomedical Sciences of Pain, Capital Medical University (Beijing), P. R. China. He also held a Chair Professorship of Cheung Kong Scholars Programme sponsored by Chinese National Ministry of Education (2001.12-2006.12).
Bachelor Degree of Medicine in 1986.07 (China); Master Degree of Medicine in 1992.07 (China); Ph.D. & M.D. Degree of Medicine in 1997.03 (Japan).
Teaching & Research Assistant (1986.09-1990.07), Lecturer (1997.04-1997.11), Associate Professorship (1997.12-2000.08) and Full Professorship of Anatomy (2000.09-2002.10), Neurobiology (2002.10-present) and Pain Medicine (2012-present) at Fourth Military Medical University (Xi’an, China). Guest Professor at Center for Sensory-Motor Interaction, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark (2000.04-2001.03). Guest Professorship responsible for PhD Education and Research Program of Biomedical Sciences of Pain at Capital Medical University (Beijing, China) (2004-2012).
Neurobiology, neurophysiology and neuropharmacology of pathological pain and pain comorbidities. Supported by National Outstanding Youth Foundation of NSFC (2004-2009), 973 programs of MOST (2006-2010, 2011-2015, 2013-2017) and 7 NSFC grants and other projects..
Vice-president of Chinese Society for Neuroscience (CSfN, 2003-2011); Founding Chairman of Subcommittee of Translational Research on Pain, Chinese Association for Physiological Sciences (CAPS, 2015-2016); Member of International Brain Research Organization-Asian Pacific Regional Committee (IBRO-APRC); Member of Scientific Program Committee of 13th World Congress on Pain of International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP); Chairman of Sensory and Motor Committee of CSfN (2007-2011); Member of 5th Committee of Chinese Society of Pain Medicine, Chinese Medical Association (CASP, 2010-present). Chairman of Basic Science of Pain, CASP (2010- 2015). Associate Editor-in-Chief, Acta Physiologica Sinica (2010-present)
Selected publications (*, CA)
1. Liu MG, Chen J*. Preclinical research on pain comorbidity with affective disorders and cognitive deficits: challenges and perspectives. Progress in Neurobiology 2014, 116:13-32.
2. Yang F, Sun W, Luo WJ, Yang Y, Yang F, Wang XL, Chen J*. SDF1-CXCR4 signaling contributes to the transition from acute to chronic pain state. Molecular Neurobiology 2016 DOI: 10.1007/s12035-016-9875-5. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 26971700.
3. Wang Y, Lu Y-F, Li C-L, Sun W, Li Z, Wang R-R, He T, Yang F, Yang Y, Wang X-L, Guan S-M, Chen J*. Involvement of Rac1 signaling pathway in the development and maintenance of acute inflammatory pain induced by bee venom injection. Br J Pharmacol 2016, 173:937–950.
4. Yang F, Sun W, Yang Y, Wang Y, Li C-L, Fu H, Wang X-L, Yang F, He T, Chen J*. SDF1-CXCR4 signaling contributes to persistent pain and hypersensitivity via regulating excitability of primary nociceptive neurons: involvement of ERK-dependent Nav1.8 up-regulation. J Neuroinflam 2015, 12:219.
5. Li Z, Lu YF, Li CL, Wang Y, Sun W, He T, Chen XF, Wang XL, Chen J*. Social interaction with a cagemate in pain facilitates subsequent spinal nociception via activation of the medial prefrontal cortex in rats. Pain 2014, 155: 1253-1261. (With special commentary, see Longford and Williams. Pain 2014)