Yazhuo Zhang, M.D., Ph.D.
President, Beijing Neurosurgical Institute
Director of Beijing college of neurosurgery
Professor of Department of Neurosurgery, Beijing Tiantan Hospital
President of Neurosurgical institute in Beijing college of neurosurgery， Capital Medical University
Director of Center of Brain Tumor, Beijing Institute for Brain Disorders
President of International Chinese Federation of Neurosurgical Sciences
Director of the Neuroendoscopic Specialists Association of Chinese Medical Doctor Association
Chairman of Neuroendoscopic committee of experts of Chinese Congress of Neurological Surgeons
Chairman of Chinese Endoscopic Doctor Association Endoscope and m
inimally invasive technique (Neuroendoscope) examination member of committee
The director of Neuroendoscopic technique training base of National health and Family Planning Commission of the P.R. China
The chief editor of the journal of Chinese Neurosurgery
Dr. Yazhuo Zhang is the president of Beijing Neurosurgical Institute and Chairman of Neuroendoscopic committee of experts of Chinese Congress of Neurological Surgeons .He has been awarded the outstanding leadership of Chinese endoscopy. He spearheaded the neuroendoscopic approach for skull base tumor, cavous tumor and The clivus chordoma. So far, he has treated more than 4000 cases of various neurosurgical diseases by neuroendoscopy including cerebral ventricle and cistern and skullbase disease. He designed and built the first training center of neuroendoscope. And every year in the domestic provinces and tour personnel endoscopic training, accumulated more than 2000 people, covering all provinces and autonomous regions.
His research mainly focuses on the pathogenesis and treatment of chordoma, pituitary adenoma and glioma. As the principal investigator, he has been funded with 12 important national research projects.Especically the investigation of pathogenesis and therapeutics of pituitary adenoma has reached the leading level worldwide.
1. Chunhui Liu*, Hua Gao*, Lei Cao, Songbai Gui, Qian Liu, Chuzhong Li, Dan Li, Lei Gong, and Yazhuo Zhang#.The Role of FSCN1 in Migration and Invasion of Pituitary Adenomas. Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016,,419:217-24.
2. Gui S, Zong X, Wang X, Li C, Zhao P, Cao L, Zhang Y.Classification and surgical approaches for transnasal endoscopic skull base chordoma resection: a 6-year experience with 161 cases.Neurosurg Rev. 2016 Feb 3. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Li C, Zong X, Wang X, Gui S, Zhang Y.Intraoperative Hemorrhage in Ventriculoscopic Surgery: Experience of a Single Chinese Neurosurgery Center.World Neurosurg. 2015 Oct 26. pii: S1878-8750(15)01384-4
4. Hua Gao, Fei Wang, Xiaolei Lan, Chuzhong Li, Jie Feng, Jiwei Bai, Lei Cao, Songbai Gui,Lichuan Hong and Yazhuo Zhang. Lower PRDM2 expression is associated with dopamine-agonist resistance and tumor recurrence in prolactinomas. BMC TUMOR.2015：15：272
5. Gui S, Bai J, Wang X, et al. Assessment of endoscopic treatment for quadrigeminal cistern arachnoid cysts: A 7-year experience with 28 cases[J]. Child S Nervous System, 2015:1-8.
6. Zhai Y, Wei X, Chen R, Guo Z, Raj Singh R, Zhang Y.Surgical outcome of encapsulated brain abscess in superficial non-eloquent area: A systematic review.Br J Neurosurg. 2015 Nov 16:1-6.