Beijing Neurosurgical Institute
Dept. Neurosurgery,Beijing Tiantan Hospital,Capital Medical University
Dr. Li Chuzhong, secretary of Neuroendoscopic and Minimally Invasive Professional and Technical Evaluation Committee of Health and Family Planning Commission.His research mainly focuses on the clinical application of neuroendoscopy and basic research of pituitary adenoma.He made some original work in neuroendoscopic training and neuroendoscopic management of skull base tumors,including new neuroendoscopic training models and innovative methods.
Three representative publications:
1. Chuzhong Li,Zelin Sun,Songbai Gui, Fangjun Liu,Yazhuo Zhang, Effects of fulvestrant,an estrogen receptor antagonist,on MMQ cells and its mechanism,Neuroendocrinology Letters, 2009，30(2):268-74.
2. Wu ZB, Li CZ, Zong XY, Su ZP, Zeng YJ, Zhang YZ.Correlation of alternative splicing of the D2 dopamine receptor mRNA and estrogen receptor mRNA in the prolactinomas and gonadotrope tumors. J Neurooncol. 2009，94(1):135-9
3. Liu FJ, Gui SB, Li CZ.Antitumor activity of F90, an epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, on glioblastoma cell line SHG-44. Chin Med J (Engl). 2008，121(17):1702-6.
1. Effect of the TGF-β Pathway In Development of the ACTH Pituitary Adenomas
Transforming growth factor β (TGF-β) functions as a suppressor in pituitary adenoma. A low Smad3 or p-Smad3 protein level was closely associated with NFPA development and invasion. Moreover, the low expression of Smad3 and TGF-β1 mRNA and the high expression of Smad7 mRNA were associated with NFPA development and invasion. These data suggest that the TGF-β signaling pathway playsan important role in the progression and invasion of NFPAs and promises to be a new target for the diagnosis and treatment of NFPAs.
2. Analysis of the ESR gene and invasion and proliferation of prolactinoma.
Estuadiol regulates the secretion and synthesis of all the pituitary hormones and selectively stimulates the proliferation of normal and transformed prolactin cells and gonadotropin cells. ESR mediate proliferation and promote PRL secretion through many intracellular signaling pathways. Inactivating ESR can reduce excessive secretion of PRL and control the growth of prolactinomas.
1. Zhenye L, Chuzhong L, Youtu W, Xiaolei L, Lei C, Lichuan H, Hongyun W, Yonggang W, Fei W, Yazhuo Z. The expression of TGF-β1, Smad3, phospho-Smad3 and Smad7 is correlated with the development and invasion of nonfunctioning pituitary adenomas. J Transl Med. 2014 Mar 18;12(1):71
2. Li Z, Li C, Liu C, Yu S, Zhang Y. Expression of the long non-coding RNAs MEG3, HOTAIR, and MALAT-1 in non-functioning pituitary adenomas and their relationship to tumor behavior. Pituitary. 2014 Jan 28. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Wang F, Gao H, Li C, Bai J, Lu R, Cao L, Wu Y, Hong L, Wu Y, Lan X, Zhang Y. Low levels of PRB3 mRNA are associated with dopamine-agonist resistance and tumor recurrence in prolactinomas. J Neurooncol. 2014 Jan;116(1):83-8.