Professor Xun-ming Ji (MD, PhD, EMBA), as a chief physician and doctorial tutor in neurosurgery, is the vice president of Xuan Wu Hospital Capital Medical University and the Deputy Director of Beijing Geriatric Medical Research Center and Beijing Key Cerebrovascular Disease Laboratory of Translational Medicine. He has been elected as the ‘China National Funds for Distinguished Youth Scientist’ and the ‘Distinguished Professor of Cheung Kong Scholars Program’.
Prof.Ji obtained his PhD in nerve interventional radiology in 2000 from Tianjin Medical University. He received his post-doctoral training in Xuanwu Hospital from 2000 to 2002 and went to China EC Management Institute (CEMI) in 2007 and got his EMBA two years later.
He studied in the Harvard University of Massachusetts general hospital stroke center as a senior visiting scholar and the Miami university institute of cerebrovascular disease as a visiting scholar from 2005 to 2006.
Current Academic Posts
Currently, He is the Deputy Director of Geriatric Medicine, Professional Committee of China and Stroke Screening and Prevention Engineering Committee for National Health and Family Planning Commission of the People's Republic of China; the Director in Chinese side of Sino-US Joint Research Institute in Neuroscience of Capital Medical University Xuan Wu Hospital-Harvard University Massachusetts General Hospital; the Director of Beijing Brain Major Disease Research Institute, one of the members of the standing committee for Chinese Medical Association Science and Technology Management Commission; the Director of Diagnosis and Treatment Center of High Cranial Pressure and Cerebral Venous Disease for the Ministry of Health and so on.
The Main Research Areas and Academic Achievements
Prof.Ji engages in the research of stroke screening and prevention, including the thrombolysis for acute cerebral infarction, neuroprotective therapy, chronic cerebral ischemia of adaptive protection treatment and the diagnosis and treatment of cerebral venous disease.
These researches are supported by many Talents Project Fundings, such as the National Science and Technology Support Plan, the National Basic Research Program of China (973 Program), the National Natural Science Foundation of Outstanding Youth Funding, Talents of the Education Ministry in the new century, Backbone talents of Beijing Sanitation System, Beijing Nova program of Science and Technology, Beijing municipal education commission outstanding young backbone personnel and the person of Beijing New Century National Hundred, Thousand and Ten Thousand Talent Project, Distinguished Professor of Cheung Kong scholars programme, Leading talents of Youth Science and Technology Innovation.
He has published more than 300 papers, including about 120 SCI papers and wrote a book “Endovascular Interention for Acute Stroke”. He received seven Provincial-level scientific and technological progress awards, obtained a patent for invention and nine new type patent licenses, and implemented five sci-tech achievement transformations.
1. Yang Q, Duan J, Fan Z, Qu X, Xie Y, Nguyen C, Du X, Bi X，Li K(*)，Ji X(*)，Li D，Early Detection and Quantification of Cerebral Venous Thrombosis by Magnetic Resonance Black-Blood Thrombus Imaging，Stroke，2016，47（2）：404-409
2. Shi Y, Zhang L, Pu H, Mao L, Hu X, Jiang X, Xu N,，Stetler RA, Zhang F, Liu X, Leak RK, Keep RF，Ji X(*)，Chen J(*)，Rapid endothelial cytoskeletal reorganization enables early blood-brain barrier disruption and long-term ischaemic reperfusion brain injury.，Nature Communications，2016，27（7）：10523
3. Zhao H, Wang R, Tao Z, Gao L, Yan F, Gao Z, Liu X,，Ji X(*)，Luo Y(*)，Ischemic postconditioning relieves cerebral ischemia and reperfusion injury through activating T-LAK cell-originated protein kinase/protein kinase B pathway in rats，Stroke，2014，45（8）：2417-2424
4. Chen F, Qi Z, Luo Y, Hinchliffe T, Ding G，Xia Y(*)，Ji X(*)，Non-pharmaceutical therapies for stroke: mechanisms and clinical implications，Progress in Neurobiology，2014，115：246-269
5. Xiangrong Liu，Fang Li，Shangfeng Zhao，Yumin Luo，Jun Kang，Haiping Zhao，Feng Yan，Sijie Li，Xunming Ji(*)，MicroRNA-124 mediated regulation of inhibitory member of apoptosis-stimulating protein of p53 family in expreimental stroke.，Stroke，2013，44（7）：1973-1980